That time has rolled around again, Flashback Friday.
I have missed a few, sorry about that but life has been crazy.
I did plan to use this weeks flashback to go over my most important moments, lessons etc that 2016 gave me, also to fill you in on my crazy life since I haven’t posted about that for a while and boy hasn’t it been full on, different, even a little strange and when I say strange I really mean it, this week especially.
I promise I will find the time to keep you in the loop this week or if not then it will definitely be my next weeks Flashback post.
Today though I have a perfect post to rewind to.
I remember ever moment of writing it, the laughs, the research and that special moment in time. Days like those were just so magical and meaningful to me, but without boring you too much, I think I will come back to that another time.
I learnt something this week that has made me realise I have to put all those very special memories, moments, emotions etc, etc down on paper. I really have to make the effort, even though it’s going deep within my soul, uncovering things I have pushed so far down I don’t have to think of them, life’s way to short for some and if I don’t tell my story of life, loss, grief and love, it will die with me, I can’t let that happen so I have to take on my biggest fear and let my past, my heart and my soul, be written so they never have to die.
Talking of fear, fear brings us back to this post.
It’s Friday the thirteenth and that scares the crap out of me, I don’t really know why but I’m going to take you back to a post I wrote all about it so here goes. I give you this weeks flashback.
“Fear is the enemy of logic.” Triskaidekaphobia
Triskaidekaphobia is fear of the number 13.
Sadly I admit that the number 13, has been imbedded in the brain as unlucky, I do not know why or how I began to have this fear, but unfortunately it can play havoc with my life. I can not have the volume on my tv or I Pod on 13, for some reason also it can not be on an odd number. My I Tunes, play counts can not be on 13 or and number with the number 3 as to me they all link to the number 13. Even writing the number over and over in this blog makes me feel uncomfortable.
I have been thinking about why I have this fear and how true it really is, that a number can be unlucky.
My dad, being a Spiritualist, sees the number 13 as lucky, and I have often questioned why for some it is lucky and others not.
I have spent this morning researching what the reasons are. Which has left my mind bubbling over so many different topics, and still I hold no answer to if 13 is unlucky or not.
There are so many reasons quoted over the internet, to try to explain why we fear the number 13, I have yet to come across any real hard facts and figures. It seems the main reason is to do with the bible.
* “There were 13 people at the Last Supper. It’s said that Judas Iscariot — the one who betrayed Jesus — was the 13th man to take his place at the table.”
(Mark 14: 17-21) “And it was in the evening that he came with the twelve. As as they were at the table eating, Jesus said ‘Truly, I say to you, one of you will betray me, one who is eating with me.’ They began to be sorrowful, and to say to him one after another ‘Is it I?’ He said to them, “It is one of the twelve, one who is dipping in the same dish with me. For the Son of man goes as it is written of him, but woe to that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! It would have been better for that man if he had not been born.’ ”
One of the most popular theories is the arrest and killing of Knights Templar members ordered by the Pope on Friday 13 October, 1307. The French monarch King Phillip IV and Pope Clement V together set up an elaborate plan to completely destroy the Templars, sending out secret, sealed orders across Christendom to be opened and immediately acted upon at a set date. It is said that the date was believed to be Friday the 13th. On 13 October 1307, Philip IV ordered the arrest of the entire order of Knights Templar in France, and had their possessions confiscated. This act served as one of several origins of the superstition which regards Friday the 13th as an unlucky day.
Other reasons are……
* Traditionally, there used to be 13 steps leading up the gallows.
* Apollo 13 is the only unsuccessful moon mission
* There was a mass arrest and execution of the Knights Templar on Friday, October 13, 1307.
* A coven was made up of exactly 13 members.
* There’s an old superstition that says if you have 13 letters in your name, you’re bound to have the devil’s luck.
* In numerology, the number 12 is considered to be the representation of perfection and completion.
* Jesus was crucified Friday the 13th, it was possibly something like Friday, April 3, 33 A.D. (Where they got this from I really don’t know.)
* A year which contained 13 full moons instead of 12 posed problems for the monks who were in charge of the calendars. “This was considered a very unfortunate circumstance, especially by the monks who had charge of the calendar of thirteen months for that year, and it upset the regular arrangement of church festivals. For this reason thirteen came to be considered an unlucky number.
* Greek philosophers called 13 an ‘imperfect’ number.
* Friday was the common day for people to be hanged in the past.
* Hangmen were once paid thirteen pence halfpenny.
I could carry on all day listing reasons into the so-called facts of unlucky 13.
But to me right now I am more interested in what makes it lucky. Maybe these reasons will cause me to change a habit of a life time and I will no longer fear, what really is just a number.
The Number 13 is a lucky number for many reasons.
* In the Tarot, the number thirteen is represented in the Death card, which is symbolic of,Transition, Change, Inevitability.
* According to some mythologists, 13 is a “female number.” A woman has 13 menstrual cycles a year. 13 is the number of blood, fertility, and lunar potency.
* 13 was associated with everlasting life.
* The Wheel of the Year – the 13 lunar esbats.(full moons).
* Egyptians associated the number thirteen with immortality.
* There were twelve steps on the ladder to eternal life and knowledge; the thirteenth step meant going through death into everlasting life.
* Angel Number 13 is a message from your angels that some upheavals may take place in your life. This is happening for karmic reasons and will break new ground for you that will bring about new opportunities for you to grow spiritually. The angels ask that you adapt to changes gracefully. Angel Number 13 may be a ‘blessing in disguise.
I am still confused on what to believe, but right now I’m liking the lucky 13 ideas, shouldn’t we all be thinking of the positive and not the negative. Wouldn’t life be a little more simple if we all looked for the good, if we let fear slide away.
So here’s a fresh start for me, I’m going to try break a habit of a lifetime, I’m going to let the positive in and stamp out the fear and negative, I’m going to put my volume up to 13 😉 and research a fear of many ” The dreaded 666″